A big thanks to all taking a look around the beta site, kicking the tires, and letting us know what they find. Here I’ll post a quick rundown of the fixes in progress, so you know what we’re aware of and working on.
September 28 UPDATE
It’s been a while! Thanks for your patience and thanks for your emails. Here is what we’re working on next:
- An email from one of our first providers: “I want to change the order of photos on my edith.co provider page, but the page doesn’t let me sort photographs. It only lets me upload them. I therefore need to delete and upload pictures anew each time I want to change their order. Would you please fix this?” We will try! It’s tricky.
- Changing the language surrounding the “Therapy” category, and indeed changing the name of the category to “Coaching.”
- Improvements to the Calendar page in the listing wizard
- Improvements to the Experience page in the listing wizard
- Improvements to the Location pages in the listing wizard
- Improvements to the Rates page in the listing wizard
- Perhaps most important: Changing the listing publication process so that you’re not asked to verify your Stripe credentials before you can publish your listing.
August 18 UPDATE
“Didn’t get the email? Resend it. Whoops, typo in your email? Fix it.” Unfortunately “Resend” and “Fix it” are not in the same color and “Fix it” does not hyperlink yellow. Times displayed in schedule picker are cut off on the right side.
August 9 UPDATE
The spot where providers can indicate how they’d like to meet looks odd. All appears fine when someone has selected “Video call only” but if they’ve indicated they’re up for meeting in person, all you see on their listing page is “Yes” and that’s indeed weird. Yes to what? Yes and how many? The page does not say. So we’re fixing that.
July 28 UPDATE
Negotiable pricing moved to production! Discovered that the 404 and 500 pages are no good. We’re on it.
July 24 UPDATE
Negotiable or perhaps better terms “project fee” pricing still in progress; there’s an iOS issue that’s holding us up. Moving on to the C.V. page revisions.
June 10 UPDATE
- More styles stabilization. Ugh. Endless.
Negotiable pricing option; a simple rate per hour doesn’t work for everyone, or every job glitch in the “Services” drop-down that moves it around the screen in unhelpful ways Our <h1> font is too big; we’d fixed this in staging but it didn’t move to production Auto crop in avatar photos is wonky Mixed-up image orientation in listing wizard, so image files that are uploaded portrait-style appear in landscape mode Some other font/styling inconsistencies Last but as important as first item: a greatly expanded C.V. page that we’ll call “Experience” and that will let people more fully and accurately reflect their expertise, esp. those who (for a variety of reasons) can’t tie their work experience directly to published book titles
We’ll update this often! Thanks again.